× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Alexx Alexx
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
I want to delete some files at my computer but I cant!
It shows a message: You require permission from.....

What I've tried:
Deleting the file
Killing explorer.exe and deleting through cmd
Running at safe mode and doing the same things
Check if the program is open
Oh, and I've also tried "uninstall a program" at control panel, but it wasn't there.

I need a way of deleting any files if possible (of course without downloading any program so).
Read 800 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I want to delete some files at my computer but I cant!
It shows a message: You require permission from.....

What I've tried:
Deleting the file
Killing explorer.exe and deleting through cmd
Running at safe mode and doing the same things
Check if the program is open
Oh, and I've also tried "uninstall a program" at control panel, but it wasn't there.

I need a way of deleting any files if possible (of course without downloading any program so).

I'm assuming that file is spam-related, i.e. a trojan of some sort or a virus. The reason why it cannot be deleted because the permissions to delete that file have been disabled. The designer of that file changed the permission so that it is read-only, and not cannot be rewritten. Maybe if you tell us the file name, we can come up with a solution for this issue.
Alexx Author
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
I don't want it only for this specific file. I occasionally encounter that problem with some files. I always search and usually find the solution but I think there is a fast way to delete any file you want. It's just that this way is not recommended because you may accidentally delete important files and destroy your pc.
But I don't mind, it's time for a format anyways...

I think I did something like that before, I just can't remember how.
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Hi Alex --

Also, sometimes the file is cached into the memory, so it appears like it isn't deleting, but if you do a hard restart, you'll notice the file is gone.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1230 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741