K
f
j
b
c
nursewiz13 nursewiz13
wrote...
11 years ago
How are the speed, wavelength and frequency of a wave related? Just Curious...
Read 457 times
5 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
v=frequency x wave length
wrote...
11 years ago
ehh you might have to check up on me, it's been a while. but i believe that a LONGER wave length means a SLOWER speed and LOWER frequency and SHORTER wave length means a FASTER speed and a HIGHER frequency
wrote...
11 years ago
Without getting in to the difference between propagation in free space, versus cable, or air or anything else of that sort, the basic speed of an electromagnetic wave, such as that from a radio station is the speed of light. Wavelength is a measure of how long the wave is relative to it's frequency. The shorter the wave length, the higher the frequency of that wave. If you would like to know more, get a copy of the ARRL Handbook for Radio Amateurs.
wrote...
11 years ago
The speed, wavelength and frequency of a wave are all related in matter of the distance between the waves. If the wavelength is spread out and the frequency is low then the speed is slow. If the wavelength is grouped tightly close to the next wave then the frequency is high and the speed is fast. There is a correlation between the wavelength and the frequency and their settings affect the speed of the wavelength. I posted a link of a demo tester that could be used to change the settings and observe the differences between the changes.
Answer accepted by topic starter
smokin7aceholesmokin7acehole
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 200 words.