a
t
i
r
LeonBan LeonBan
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I always tried to memorize all the elements atomic and atomic mass numbers but never get this. Can someone tell me how to memorize them all. Thanks!
Read 2665 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I very much doubt if there is any trained chemist who has memorised the atomic numbers and atomic masses of the elements. This is a waste of time . If you want this information , check on the standard reference table - The Periodic Table of Elements.
Answer accepted by topic starter
firechokerfirechoker
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 130 words.

Related Topics

wrote...
11 years ago
There's no reason to.
That's why the periodic table exists.
Of course, with a lot of experience, you tend to memorize the molar mass of most elements you do math with alot.  However, the atomic # is irrelevent.
If you use the table alot, you simply memorize thru use which groups certain elements belong to.
For example, anyone should know that H is an alkali metal, group 1 on the table (upper left corner), +1 charge, 1 valence electron, only fills 1s for an electron configuration, and is a diatomic gas at 25C.

I know all that simply because I've had Inorganic 1 and 2, and Organic 1 and 2.  You do enough problems, you simply know certain things.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1115 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?