f
jgosset2 jgosset2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago

Using samples of 194 credit card statements, an auditor found the following:

Sample:                   1      2      3      4
  Number with errors:   4   6   5   8

c. What is your estimate of the mean and standard deviation of the sampling distribution of fractions defective for samples of this size? (Round your intermediate calculations and final answers to 4 decimal places.)

Mean:_____   
Standard deviation: _____   

d. What control limits would give an alpha risk of .03 for this process? (Round your intermediate calculations to 4 decimal places. Round your "z" value to 2 decimal places and other answers to 4 decimal places.)

Z:_____   
Lower limit:_____
Upper limit:_____

e. What alpha risk would control limits of .0122 and .0470 provide? (Round your intermediate calculations to 4 decimal places. Round your "z" value to 2 decimal places and "alpha risk" value to 4 decimal places.)

z =
alpha risk =

f. Using control limits of .0122 and .0470, is the process in control? Explain why.

yes or no

g. Suppose that the long-term fraction defective of the process is known to be 2 percent. What are the values of the mean and standard deviation of the sampling distribution? (Round your intermediate calculations and final answers to 2 decimal places.)

Mean:_____   
Standard deviation: _____   

h.Construct a control chart for the process, assuming a fraction defective of 2 percent, using two-sigma control limits. Is the process in control? Explain why.

Yes or No
Read 1564 times
14 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
Hey! Welcome to the forum

Answered below Smiling Face with Open Mouth
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
jgosset2 Author
wrote...
7 years ago
In part a., you gave a single fraction defective estimate, when my problem calls for a fraction defective estimate for samples 1,2,3,and 4. I felt that my answers for part a. and b. were correct since I followed the formulas I found, which is why I didn't include them in my question.
I got .0206, .0309, .0258, and .0412 for samples 1 through 4. For part b. I did (2.06+3.09+2.58+4.12) / (4) = 2.9625, which I rounded to 3.0 percent. For my mean on part c. I got .0296, which is just the answer from part b. not rounded. I got stuck at that point because I could not figure out how to get the standard deviation. None of what you have down for part a through b, aligns with what I have, so I'm not sure if you worked all them out wrong because I failed to include the parts that I had already answered or if I just did part b. wrong.
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
7 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
(710.71 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.