f
a
d
c
buffalobills buffalobills
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
So I have a TI-83 but when I type in the logarithmic function it will show me an incorrect line (not only because I say so, but I went over it with my teacher).. for example, I type in Log(2^x) and I get a straight, positive-slope line... how do i type it so it gives me that turned curve (similar to the exponential function one)?? pls help
Read 316 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
mickabramickabra
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 110 words.

Related Topics

wrote...
11 years ago
Hi:

Number 1:

Check and see if your calculator is in the right graphic setting in Function ( Funct)  not Polar (Pol), Param, or Diff Eq

to do this

press the Second key ( 2nd) and press the "More" key or find  where Mode in labeled at

Highlight the Funct by moving the curser keys  than exit it

If it is in this mode than exit and check your Range settings

Press the Graph key and find Range and select it ( it's the f2 key)

set the y to - 10 for the Min and 10 for the Max  and set the yscl to 1

set x  to -10 for the Min and 10 for the xMax and set the xscl to 1

the exit it

input your equation again and graph it and it should come  out okay if  not than zoom out than it should work

Also use the log() key instead. When  you typed it Log(2x) when it should be  y= log(2x)  the Calculator might think your defining a variable Named Log(2x) or y = 2x (  Always used the log or ln key - For log(x) or ln(x) that way; the calculator will know you want it the do a logarithm function.)

I hope this helps
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1107 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 587

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?