t
i
r
r
unchained unchained
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
7 years ago
The nurse is reviewing an entry made by the previous nurse in a newly admitted patient’s medical record:
Admission Note: The patient is a 56-old-female whose father immigrated to the U.S. in 1938 and whose mother was born in the U.S. The patient explains that she didn’t learn English until entering grade school, which was appropriate since her father was learning the language at the same time. Her parents were hard workers, ran their own restaurant in which all family members were expected to work, and placed a high value on education. The patient states that “I might be female but I was raised as a boy.” She continued by explaining that her father didn’t want the females in the family to be dependent upon a man for an income or security through life. The patient attends church every Sunday and on Holy Days and follows abstinence of specific foods throughout the calendar year. Specific ethnic dishes are prepared for Christmas, Easter, and Saints Days. Her childhood home was filled with ethnic music, songs, and the expectation to play an instrument. Cigarette smoking was not condemned but wasn’t encouraged. Drinking alcohol such as wine and whiskey was an acceptable practice from an early age since this was the acceptable behavior from her father’s home country.
Which of Purnell’s cultural domains are represented in this chart entry? (Select all that apply.)
1. Heritage
2. Pregnancy
3. Communication
4. Workforce issues
5. High-risk behaviors
Textbook 
Professional Nursing Practice: Concepts and Perspectives

Professional Nursing Practice: Concepts and Perspectives

Edition: 7th
Authors:
Read 87 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
LuisaaLuisaa
wrote...
7 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 180 words.