× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
biolove99 biolove99
wrote...
11 years ago
So I watched 20 under 20 the other day and realized how successful and intelligent these students are, and then realized that does college really help one achieve success in life. What do you guys think, do you think college is important to success in life. It prepares us for the careers and jobs but does it actually teach us to improve the quality of life of someone else. Personally, i love it, meeting new people and learning from different people but sometimes i just wonder, wanted to know what y'all thoughts were.
Thank You
Read 555 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, college plays a pivotal role in one's life. Most millionaires or successful people started off by going to school, especially those who've made tremendous differences in the works of science, maths, and technology; in essence, you need to start somewhere.

College gives you the framework to be able to start your career. There aren't too many people out there who have accomplished a lot under the age of twenty -- that's why they are so unique and get their own television show.

Are they inspiring? Certainly. Is it realistic? Not so much.

I'm certain, however, that those who put that show together -- the editing, directing, script -- all went to college to earn their jobs. Otherwise, the show wouldn't be as interesting if it were written by high school drop-outs or elementary school children.

Almost all the interesting people I know in my life graduated from post-secondary education. By going to school, you become more knowledgeable and are able give-and-take whenever you converse with others. Most college graduates know a little about everything, and so are usually able to carry on a decent conversation. Try doing that with a grade-nine drop-out. You'll discover quickly that they most likely lack the ability to reason and would make irrational decisions.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Almost all the interesting people I know in my life graduated from post-secondary education.

That doesn't mean people who don't have an education can't contribute to anything, correct?
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
They can contribute to society, but they need to put more of an effort to learn. If you attend college or university, you're sort of forced to study, forced to learn, otherwise you risk losing a scholarship money, money you put into your education, and/or years off your life!
Sunshine ☀ ☼
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
I think college can be a great aid in future success. However, college isn't for everyone, and that's okay. Those who do not attend college can find other pathways to get to where they want to go. Anyone who is motivated and hardworking can achieve anything.
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1250 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352