f
a
d
c
Alpha Alpha
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
... when only a complete set of chromosomes is inherited from their mother and one from their father?

Trying to understand the logic behind this.

So far I think that since each parent has genetic material from each of their parents, the grandkids end up with genetic material from the grandparents.

Can anyone explain this better and in more detail?
Read 528 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Autosomes refer to any of the chromosomes other than the sex chromosomes.

While you do get a set of chromosomes from both the mother and father, both of which pass on 23, their chromosomes where made from their parents. Ultimately, you are getting a by-product of their parent's genes as well.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Alpha Author
wrote...
11 years ago
So basically, exactly what I said in my OP...
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
So far I think that since each parent has genetic material from each of their parents, the grandkids end up with genetic material from the grandparents.

The question is so simple it makes you think twice. Yes, what you said is what I agree with too.
Alpha Author
wrote...
11 years ago

The question is so simple it makes you think twice. Yes, what you said is what I agree with too.

Hence my hesitation LOL. I was wondering if anything could be added on to it but I suppose not. Thank you all Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  777 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 315