f
a
d
c
croosh911 croosh911
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
7 years ago
A staff nurse identifies the need to use critical language to address a dangerous patient event. Which statements would be included in this language?
Standard Text: Select all that apply.
1. I don’t like the way the patient is breathing.
2. I don’t want to leave the patient’s bedside.
3. I think the patient’s status is deteriorating.
4. I want to document patient care.
5. I need to take a break.
Correct
Textbook 
Quality and Safety for Transformational Nursing: Core Competencies

Quality and Safety for Transformational Nursing: Core Competencies

Edition: 1st
Author:
Read 245 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
7 years ago
Rationale 1: Critical language or CUS is an acronym for concerned, uncomfortable, and safety. The statement “I don’t like the way the patient is breathing” would identify a concern. (See Page 116 Critical Language or CUS)
Rationale 2: Critical language or CUS is an acronym for concerned, uncomfortable, and safety. The statement “I don’t want to leave the patient’s bedside” would identify an uncomfortable situation. (See Page 116 Critical Language or CUS)
Rationale 3: Critical language or CUS is an acronym for concerned, uncomfortable, and safety. The statement “I think the patient’s status is deteriorating” would identify a concern and safety situation. (See Page 116 Critical Language or CUS)
Rationale 4: Critical language or CUS is an acronym for concerned, uncomfortable, and safety. The statement “I want to document patient care” does not fulfill the criteria for CUS. (See Page 116 Critical Language or CUS)
Rationale 5: Critical language or CUS is an acronym for concerned, uncomfortable, and safety. The statement “I need to take a break” does not fulfill the criteria for CUS. (See Page 116 Critical Language or CUS)
croosh911 Author
wrote...
7 years ago
Awesomeee
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1103 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 422