a
t
i
r
tris1078 tris1078
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I mean, where is their basis for thinking that humanity is the most important creature in this planet and universe? Come on, our planet is a small speck in this wide universe and ETs might be existing somewhere out there (and if they do, i think humanity might not think they are the most important). What makes us important? Intelligence? Dominance?
Read 457 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You should follow  SETI. You can google it and follow them on FB. We aren't alone.  No way are we alone in this big universe.
wrote...
11 years ago
Most likely because were the only life forms in our solar system.
What makes us important is that we can look at the universe as a whole. Yeah for sure theres other life forms.
wrote...
11 years ago
Indeed there might be aliens so advanced they would appear god-like compared with humans. The truth is, only humans are actually known to occupy the number one top slot in the entire universe, and until there is evidence aliens exist that is the way it will remain. Were such evidence to avail itself, we would soon lose this arrogance, and maybe feel somewhat less important, or even rather inferior.
wrote...
11 years ago
Ego.
wrote...
11 years ago
Survival. The rule is: A species that fails to regard its own survival as the most important thing in the universe won't exist for very long. Corollary: The species that end up surviving for a long time are those that regarded themselves as the most important things in the universe. Corollary: Racial egalitarianism is a fatal disease; those who idealize it will succumb to those who do not.
wrote...
11 years ago
We just think we're important because we are the only life we know about.
We really aren't civilized. Take away technology and it's back to living in huts and cannibalism.
Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1248 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4