E. All of the above
Read 134 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
The epiphyseal plate is the area of growth in a long bone. It is a layer of hyaline cartilage where ossification occurs in immature bones. On the epiphyseal side of the epiphyseal plate, cartilage is formed. On the diaphyseal side, cartilage is ossified, allowing the diaphysis to grow in length.

Compact bone forms the outer shell of all bone and also the shafts in long bones.

I believe it's E.
wrote...
Valued Member
7 years ago
 I actually have to disagree with Bio man. The answer is C and it is kind of a trick question.  A and C are both true. B is a trick answer. The medullary cavity is the hollow space in long bones where the marrow is located. However, the question said RED marrow and that is the trick. In children, the red marrow is found in the medullary cavity, but as you age and grow less the red marrow is replaced by yellow marrow. Yellow marrow is basically just fat where nutrients are stored. In adults, the red marrow is only located in flat bones and at the proximal ends of the long bones not in the medullary cavity.
Orthopedic Physical Therapist 
B.S. Kinesiology and Human Performance
DPT
Xplumyumx Author
wrote...
7 years ago
Ahhh oh boy do I love the tricky questions.Wink Face. Thank you so much for your input and for taking the time to help me in my time of need!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1049 People Browsing
 189 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 81