a
t
i
r
tpowers51430 tpowers51430
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I had a root canal the other day and was given a course of penicillin to fight infection. I think I can feel a yeast infection coming on and I would like to treat it but I still have three more days of penicillin to take. Would the yeast infection medicine work if I still have the antibiotic in my system? Will the yeast infection come back if I cure it before I am done with the penicillin?
Read 625 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You can treat it while on the cillian.  You should tell your doctor that the cillian gives you an infection.  He will prescribe enough meds to get you through taking the cillians but hurry, you dont want the yeast to fester.  The itching and the smell alone will drive you insane...
wrote...
11 years ago
Yeast infections suck, I have one right now from being on antibiotics. If I were you I would wait until you are done the penicillin and the do the yeast infection treatment. It is pointless to treat it now if you are still taking the pills. Also you need to replace the missing yeast in your body by eating regular plain yogurt with no sugar or anything, that might help keep the infection away, or make it not as bad.
wrote...
11 years ago
I would start on the yeast inf. treatment and continue the penicillin. When you take any antibiotic you should be eating yogurt with active cultures (most do) this will prevent yeast infections.
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes! use a topical anti-fungal. Once, you have finished your anti-biotic course start with a oral anti-fungal provided you are not pregnant, breast-feeding or have heart or liver problems with a probiotic such as Acidophilus and Bifidobacterium. Then stay on the probiotic's till your back to normal.
wrote...
11 years ago
You can start yeast infection meds while you are still on antibiotics. If you have to take antibiotics for any reason though you should keep in mind that they kill your body's good bacteria along with the bad so I would recommend eating a yogurt everyday while on them to prevent a yeast infection. If you cannot stand yogurt you can buy pills at a health food store that contain the same  acidophilis and you just have to take a pill or two a day.
wrote...
11 years ago
It may be necessary to treat it now, and you may have to re-treat in a week or two. After all, it's socially frowned upon to go around scratching your crotch, unless your playing baseball.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1402 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion