a
t
i
r
MichelleLei12 MichelleLei12
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Where do you think the planets biology is headed? When, how?
Read 400 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
No, we will just adapt and learn to reapply thinking as we have always done!
wrote...
11 years ago
toward advanced robotics and AI"that" will be the new evolution. machine evolution which will surpass the speed at which biological evolution operates at.

just look at how far we've come with out computing power, now stuffed into a cell phone.

1000s of times smaller than the first computers and 1000s of times faster.

next year that should double. and that will double again within a another year.

its exponentially increasing.

jk

here's the real deal
http://robotic.media.mit.edu/projects/robots/leonardo/sociallearning/sociallearning.html

Enter, the Singularity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

not even considering nanotechnology that might form into a grey goo problem and assimilates all matter it comes across.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo
wrote...
11 years ago
Humans have pretty much cut out natural selection from our society, so there is no more drastic changed for us.

If you look at all the other animals they are still hundreds of years away from using more complex tools. The closest competitor, in my opinion would have to be the great apes. because they have opposable thumbs. But, I will say, they are not the smartest animals in the world. There are many other animals that are able to communicate, use tools, and solve problems just like us.

Our animals are content. They have what they need and want. They are still a long way off from another drastic evolutionary change, but I won't say it will never happen.
wrote...
11 years ago
It's unlikely anything more intelligent then humans will evolve, at least not while humans still exist. Who knows if another intelligent species will evolve after humans are long gone though.
wrote...
11 years ago
No, part of what makes us intelligent is that we can manipulate the balance of nature, in this case evolution. No other organism could possibly compete with humanity that is not already as intelligent as us. If two intelligent species develop and live in the same area they will compete for similar resources, one will eventually emerge stronger, smarter, and more evolutionarily fit thatn the other and will out compete it until one spieces will die off.
And when I say intelligent in that example I do not mean modern humans. I mean it by a spieces that has a large brain to body size ratio, can use the environment around him to make tools and clothes, and develope comunities. Like Homo-erectus, an primitive human that lived between 2-3 million years ago.
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes me.
wrote...
11 years ago
Only if a group of humans were breeding specifically for the purpose of increased intelligence and then this specific breeding group became so divergent from the original population of humans, that they could not produce viable offspring with the original population. That is if a higher intelligence is genetically related rather than environmentally related. Nature vs Nurture argument. I think that humans will become more intelligent as a group because the way we nurture our offspring, not by selecting specific mates based on IQ's.
wrote...
11 years ago
Not necessarily just watch idiocracy.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1318 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741