t
i
r
r
Lenners Lenners
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am not finding the information in my notes or text to firmly answer the question on the quiz. I think it has to do with DNA multiplying by binary fission but not sure. I would appreciate any help.
Read 343 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Please note: DNA does not multiply by binary fission. Binary fission is the cellular replication of Bacteria. DNA multiplies by a process called DNA replication by the use of one major enzyme called DNA polemerase.
_____________________________ ______
The central dogma of biology is:
DNA-->RNA--->Protein.
Also called: Protein synthesis or transcription/translation.

The reason why it is the central dogma because it shows that DNA has a direct link to creating proteins (which do the work in the body or in your cell), via RNA.

good luck.
wrote...
11 years ago
Transcription of DNA to RNA to protein: This dogma forms the backbone of molecular biology and is represented by four major stages.

1. The DNA replicates its information in a process that involves many enzymes: replication.

2. The DNA codes for the production of messenger RNA (mRNA) during transcription.

3. In eucaryotic cells, the mRNA is processed (essentially by splicing) and migrates from the nucleus to the cytoplasm.

4. Messenger RNA carries coded information to ribosomes. The ribosomes "read" this information and use it for protein synthesis. This process is called translation.

Proteins do not code for the production of protein, RNA or DNA.
They are involved in almost all biological activities, structural or enzymatic.

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1397 People Browsing
 132 Signed Up Today
Related Images