a
t
i
r
RTepp RTepp
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Hey, I'm writing a horror story that includes vampires, and my general policy with accuracy is that, while my monsters can defy whatever laws of physics I wish for them to defy, I want to avoid any critical inaccuracies where the normal human characters are involved, so I have a question about the human circulatory system:

A few of the characters are friendly vampires who drink about a pint of blood from live humans, and they use their compelling gaze to make them cooperate and be calm, so their heart rate is normal. What would be the best place for such vampires to bite humans so they can suck out a pint of blood after making the traditional two-fang puncture without the wound needing any serious attention afterwards? I suspect that the neck would be a terrible spot for such vampires to use, what with the carotid arteries having high blood flow. Would the arm be better, in the spot where you get the needle in you during a blood donation?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated Slight Smile
Read 529 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
A few of the characters are friendly vampires who drink about a pint of blood from live humans, and they use their compelling gaze to make them cooperate and be calm, so their heart rate is normal. What would be the best place for such vampires to bite humans so they can suck out a pint of blood after making the traditional two-fang puncture without the wound needing any serious attention afterwards? I

No where, really. Any time blood volume decreases, low blood pressure follows. Why not choose one of the major arteries, or make the story more exciting by introducing venom into the mix. Give the vampires a little bit of neurotoxin, which acts as a mild tranquilizer.

Would the arm be better, in the spot where you get the needle in you during a blood donation?

Sure, or the buttocks lol
RTepp Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Just to clarify,

No where, really. Any time blood volume decreases, low blood pressure follows. Why not choose one of the major arteries, or make the story more exciting by introducing venom into the mix. Give the vampires a little bit of neurotoxin, which acts as a mild tranquilizer.

If they use the major arteries, the people these friendly vampires feed on would bleed out after they take the pint. They're trying to make sure the humans they feed on survive, so the major arteries are off limits, and venom would just make it worse.
RTepp Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Can anybody else provide any insight? Is it just a matter of avoiding the major arteries?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1352 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?