a
t
i
r
shaunabrooke shaunabrooke
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Hi, I have completed most of this exercise, but I am having trouble with two questions in Activity 5 (Studying the Effect of Radius on Pump Activity) of the PhysioEx Exercise on Cardiovascular Dynamics. If anyone can help answer these, please let me know!! Thank you all!
Activity 5:
-The total flow rates you have just determined depend on the flow rate into the pump from the left and on the flow rate out of the pump toward the right. Consequently, the shape of the plot is different from what you might predict after viewing the vessel resistance radius graph. Try to explain why this graph differs from the radius plot in the Vessel Resistance experiment. Remember that the flow rate into the pump did not change, whereas the flow rate out of the pump varied according to your radius manipulations.
I know that the Vessel Resistance chart (Activity 1 of the exercise) showed an increase in flow rate as the radius was increased, and in this activity, flow rate also increased as radius increased. Both Activity 1 and Activity 5 of this PhysioEx Exercise show an increased flow rate as radius is increased, so I don't really know why things are different here than they were in Activity 1 of the exercise.

-What do you think would happen to the flow rate and the pump rate if the left flow tube radius is changed (either increased or decreased)?
Read 977 times
2 Replies