t
i
r
acuramdx acuramdx
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
Whatsup guys,

Anyone here lucky enough to pick up that HP touch pad for 99 (16gb) or 149 (32 gb) ??

Ive personally was too late for the firesale but would definitely be awesome to have now that people have got it running android and talks about future jailbreaks. What do you all think? Anyone still trying to get it?

All major stores have them sold out, with the possibility of more in stock. Other sites (amazon,ebay) are selling for 250++

Comments on if youre trying to get it, what you think about the touchpad, if its even worth getting. Those who do have it, let us know how you like it!
Read 835 times
5 Replies
 *Image Removed*
Replies
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
What's the screen size?
acuramdx Author
wrote...
12 years ago
oh its 9.7, here is the link to the actual product:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+TouchPad+Tablet+with+16GB+Memory+-+Black/2842056.p?id=1218358284065&skuId=2842056&st=HP%20touchpad&cp=1&lp=2http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+TouchPad+Tablet+with+16GB+Memory+-+Black/2842056.p?id=1218358284065&skuId=2842056&st=HP%20touchpad&cp=1&lp=2

it was about 399 a month ago, then they had the firesale after HP announced it would no longer produce webOS products.

if you are lucky you should go to best buy.com and then do a store search. Most are probably unavailable but i hear a lot of people now are looking into camping out of best buy stores...yikes!
 *Image Removed*

Related Topics

wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
I wonder why they're making it so cheap. I think since school is starting in a weeks time, they want all the students to have one. Besides, I never knew HP made one of these things... it's prolly sh@#. I've heard a BlackBerry version and obviously the iPad, but not this.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago

I work on a 12.1 screen, and it has done the job for me. Just as long as the resolution is okay. Dropping $100 on such a thing is totally worth it. I'd get a rain check, but I doubt it's that price up here in Canada.
acuramdx Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Biolove, its actually not crap lol. HP decided to go out of the webOS business...if you check the price for when this came out it was 399.99 +.

Bestbuy said they were a bit upset because they had a quarter million units and the price drop was so much. HP decided not to continue to push these tablets. They probably have something bigger in mind anyways. But yeah, it plays flash and all...and though it might not be as good as the ipad2, for 100 bucks...totally worth it IMO.

Bio_man, you should check slickdeals...there are many threads especially those from canada who are looking for this. People have had success at some websites that are based in canada. Best buy i think is a good place to keep checking back since theres no way they sold all their inventory yet.
 *Image Removed*
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1385 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4