Explore
Post homework questions online and get free homework help from tutors.
Learn More
Improve Grades
Help Others
Save Time
Accessible 24/7
There are currently 247 guests browsing and 2 members online. So far today, 219 students have registered.
Gallery
03/13/14

04/23/12

05/17/12

03/15/17
Poll
Which best describes your view of globalization?
I'm a nationalist and it's wrong
I'm a nationalist, but I'm open to it
It's a good thing overall
If you would like to vote in this poll, please login or register

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?
wrote...
Credits: 193
Rep: 2 0
5 years ago
A nerve is a bundle of axons, and some nerves are less sensitive to lidocaine. If a nerve, rather than an axon, had been used in the lidocaine experiment, the responses recorded at R1 and R2 would be the sum of all the action potentials (called a compound action potential). Would the response at R2 after lidocaine application necessarily be zero? Why or why not
Read 3714 times
2 Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
5 years ago
Firstly, it's important to understand that lidocaine is a sodium channel antagonist and will block sodium ion channels from working, preventing the generation of an action potential. So, I'd say no.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science (Biology)
- Bachelor of Education
wrote...
5 years ago
yeah, it also if depend if the nerve is sensitive to the lidocaine, or not.