i
r
lovethelight lovethelight
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I need some help with my physioEx 9.0 exercise 5 please

Activity 5

1.  Explain the effect of incresing the right flow tube radius on the flow rate, resistance, and pump rate?

2.  Describe what the left and right beakers in he experiment correspond to in the human heart?

3.  Briefly describe how the human heart could compensate for flow rate changes to maintain blood pressure?

Activity 6

1.  Describe the Frank Staring law in the heart?

2.  Explain what happened to the pump rate when you increased the stroke volume?  Why do you think this occured? 

3.  Describe how the alters stroke volume?

4.  Describe the intrinsic factors that control stroke volume?

Activity 7

1.  Explain how the heart could compensate for changes in peripheral resistance?

2.  Which mechanism had the greatest compensatory effect?

3.  Explain what happened when the pump pressure and the beaker pressure were the same?

4.  Explain whether it would be better to adjust heart rate or blood vessel diameter to achieve blood flow changes at a local lever (for example, in just the digestive system)?
Read 2591 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
1.  Explain the effect of incresing the right flow tube radius on the flow rate, resistance, and pump rate?

As the right flow tube radius is increased, blood flow increases, resistance decreases and the pump rate increases.

Describe the Frank Staring law in the heart

This law states that, when more blood than normal is returned to the heart, the heart muscle will be stretched, resulting in a more forceful contraction of the ventricles.

1.  Explain how the heart could compensate for changes in peripheral resistance?

The heart can compensate for changes in peripheral resistance by increasing contractility.

Must show an attempt with your thread.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
lovethelight Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Thank you very much
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Thank you very much

Let us know if you need further assistance.
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
This thread will help you with what you're looking for: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=14685.0
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1225 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274