t
i
r
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
12 years ago
In this interview on Canadian television Chris Hedges basically states that American democracy is dead and that only 'a revolution of the people' can restore the USA to democratic values. Since this is extremely unlikely, America will further degenerate, and end up as a semi-fascist corporate state, probably culminating in a right-wing backlash in the form of Nazi-like purges against Muslims, immigrants and other minority groups. And, of course, there will be more endless wars on defenceless nations to boost the arms industry and divert attention from the internal rot. Maybe the Americans should learn from the Egyptians rather than vice versa!

Read 1413 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
12 years ago
I don't see a revolution happening. The lion's share of Americans would rather watch television.
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
I don't see a revolution happening. The lion's share of Americans would rather watch television.

Star, we probably do not need a violent revolution. An organized movement with millions of members who decide to completely stop buying the products of the corporations ( those that have a big disregard to human dignity, well-being and liberty and also caused the current deep economic and enviromental crisis ) would be enough to remove power from them.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
12 years ago

Star, we probably do not need a violent revolution. An organized movement with millions of members who decide to completely stop buying the products of the corporations ( those that have a big disregard to human dignity, well-being and liberty and also caused the current deep economic and enviromental crisis ) would be enough to remove power from them.

I buy generally what I need, not necessarily what I want. I buy generic. I buy used. I don't have any credit cards. My only debt is student loans. I try really hard not to put any dollars directly into the pockets of any big businesses. I wish others would conduct themselves in that fashion as well.
Biology!
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
12 years ago
I agree with you duddy, but I'm not sure I can even see that happening. The American public seems so disinterested in much outside their immediate realm.
DJ
wrote...
12 years ago
The three most terrifying words in the English language: President Rick Perry. As our President, he would be the best chance for a liberal/progressive revolution.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1399 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372