a
t
i
r
Gmike Gmike
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I have hope this is the right place to post this. please forgive me if it is not.

I have done alot of research on my own and have discovered much of what i am looking for, but i am unable to find one thing.

Lets say that apoptosis or necrosis or both attacked an entire organism, not just a spesific part but the entire thing, like somthing casued all the cells to do this, would the organism just dissappear.
The reason i ask is im a writer, and i have a new idea for a story, and im doing the research for it right now.

Any information would be helpful.
Read 834 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Lets say that apoptosis or necrosis or both attacked an entire organism, not just a spesific part but the entire thing, like somthing casued all the cells to do this, would the organism just dissappear.

No, apoptosis doesn't dissolve the person. Enzymes involved in both processes breakdown the molecules, so there is still "waste".

Check this out:
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
wrote...
11 years ago
The organism would not disappear in a way I think you mean.  There would still be dead tissue and bone left behind as well as "waste" from the infection itself.  If you Google images you can see clearly how something can't just disappear.  
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Yup, the conservation of energy. In simple terms, this means that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted from one form to another.
Gmike Author
wrote...
11 years ago
yeah i figured, i was really worried about sounding stupid lol. but i had to make sure. Thanks guys
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
yeah i figured, i was really worried about sounding stupid lol. but i had to make sure. Thanks guys

You wouldn't want to publish that Wink Face
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
You're welcome.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1322 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4