d
c
p
M
a
ilovebio ilovebio
wrote...
11 years ago
I am working on a DIY project that requires a bunch of electronic components but there are 2 that I cannot find in the market (many claim that they are too old).

If anyone knows what could substitute for the below transistors please share your knowledge with me and teach me how to find substitutes in the future (I've tried google already)

SOT23 PNP transistor BCW89
SOT23 NPN transistor BCW60D

PS: I am IC illiterate...

Thank you very much! Slight Smile
Read 386 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes, they can be substituted if I worked on it, even it was the old old day 1955 Ge made transistor type. To substitute Ge with Si transistor, biasing is needed to adjust again by changing the voltage divider network. Therefore,understanding the whole circuit is the first major task. Second, select transistor has the same power, a better Veco rate, a better beta rate and a better frequency working range.
Answer accepted by topic starter
firehousefirehouse
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 140 words.