a
t
i
r
derin-darbe derin-darbe
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Bud has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and is currently in therapy.  He and his therapist are discussing what happened at school yesterday.  Bud's psychology professor surprised the class with a pop quiz.  While Bud had been doing very well in class up until that point, he had not had a chance to do his reading because he worked until midnight the night before; therefore, he failed the pop quiz.  Bud's therapist asked him to share his thoughts about failing the pop quiz.  Bud replied, "I should have known we'd have a pop quiz.  I should have stayed up after work or gotten up early this morning to do my reading.  I know I will fail the class now!"  Bud's therapist retorted with, "Why do you think you have the ability to predict what will happen?  That is ridiculous.  It is just a pop quiz.  Didn't you tell me that your professor drops a low score anyway?"  Based on this interaction, it seems likely that Bud's therapist is providing him with
A) rational-emotive therapy.
B) Beck's cognitive therapy.
C) psychoanalysis.
D) humanistic therapy.
E) gestalt therapy.
Textbook 
Portable Psychology

Portable Psychology

Edition: 1st
Authors:
Read 154 times
1 Reply