s
a
t
i
r
bunnie49024 bunnie49024
wrote...
11 years ago
I am asking this because a lot of answers about animals use reasons such as preserving endangered species or preserving habitat. Scientists typically are more interested in conserving species or habitats. I am just interested in hearing some answers about the differences between the two.
By the way, I'm a scientist so scientifically I know the meanings of both, but what I'm interested in is without you looking up anything, what do the terms mean to you.
Read 349 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The two terms are pretty much interchangable.  The only difference is that preservation means that the land is completely off limits for human interference - including the care of endangered species.  

Conservation means that humans may still use the land, just use it more carefully.
Answer accepted by topic starter
Micah1340Micah1340
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 150 words.