× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
ASJ ASJ
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm interested to know about all math corses you can take after pre-calculus in order of difficulty.
For Example:
Calc AB
Calc BC
Multivariable
.....(so on)

i know there are ample, so if you're the kind of person that thinks Calc is the hardest kind of math then please don't answer. Thanks.
Read 376 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Lots of people say that calcII is quite hard (BC?).  I didnt have much trouble with it. I've taken up to differential equations and theyre all about the same difficulty in my opinion.  If you understand math fairly easy and will put forth the time you will do well.  but in my opinion they go in this order:

Multivariable (just cause some of the concepts can be hard to visualize)
Diff eq.
Calc BC
calc AB

and linear algebra is in there some where but its not hard.  Granted there are tons of other upperdivision courses available, but I'm not a math major so I wont take them.
wrote...
11 years ago
Unless you're majoring in Mathematics, you probably won't need math beyond Calc II.

Multivariable equations are really pretty easy.
You just solve in terms of each variable, step by step, to eliminate them,
i.e. to put the equation interms of fewer and fewer variables.
At some point you have an equation with one variable and you can solve for it,
then begin to plug in values for the other ones you solved in terms of those variables
that you now have values for.
wrote...
11 years ago
If you don't think calc is hard (or that pre-calc) then just take BC (I didn't have much trouble with it myself). You actually don't need anything beyond BC unless you're majoring in math or something similar. Multivariate calculus usually first appears in college, but the way I took it it dealt mostly with calculus in 3 dimensions (usually f(x, y) = z and the like). After that linear algebra and differential equations are likely the next math classes you would take.

Then comes analysis, which may or may not be hard regardless of how well you did on calculus. My univ had intro to analysis and then upper division analysis. In the intro classes you derive calculus again, but thoroughly, rather than glancing over the major details of the definitions and proofs, which you will have to master. I saw a lot of my classmates struggling with it though they did well on calculus (also, you actually see real multivariate stuff here, that is, n-dimensional calculus which is very abstract---and very fun if you ask me---rather than 3D stuff).

To sum up:
Calc BC
Baby multivariate calculus
Linear Algebra and Differential equations
Baby/Intro to Analysis

After that (and even in between) there is a plethora of upper division courses (including Complex and Real analysis courses). If you're just interested in classes that usually follow calculus then those are it, but on a general note almost EVERY upped division math class you take will involve at least SOME calculus.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  848 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292