r
d
l
a
Btalmood Btalmood
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Hi, I'm in tenth grade and pretty much finished calculus. I'm planning to follow this with differential equations, then by linear algebra... Does anyone know what math courses (if any) are there after these three? Or/if not-  what kind of courses besides maths are recommended after these? Thanks Slight Smile
Read 678 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
ok listen. You are in 10th grade the highest you can go in high school is pre-calc or calc1 simple is not like college

here is the order
 calc1,2,3,4,5,6... calc 4 is diferential equations, calc 5 is linear algebra, calc 6 is differntial geometry i think.. other than that if you are not majoring in engineering or architecture i wont recommend taking more than calc 3

Depending of your major you will need to get the different match clases. All of them will recommend at leat calc 3 and all will be base on the same using different theorys etc
wrote...
11 years ago
After that you can get into some incredibly abstract stuff, like topology and "pure" mathematics, which is basically abstract analysis.  That grad course I took in mathematical analysis was the most tedious material I've ever studied.  I remember about 2/3 into the course we did a proof that 1 + 1 = 2.  This was a very dramatic moment to all of us.
wrote...
10 years ago
If you want to test the very fabric of your sanity, take astrophysics honor course (forgot the names, but they had something like that in UofToronto. Class size never goes beyond 10, and maybe half of them are people repeating the course. I aced Calculus I and II without studying too much and got A+... and I took this course and I spent at least some amount of time working on it every day. Our final exam had two proof-based questions, and I got C+. The only C+ that I was so fucking proud to have. If dental admission people even dare to ask about that grade, I will flip. (I heard they already know how fucked up it is... at least in the schools I'm planning to apply anyway).

Hard to imagine, but true story. Oh God I wish it wasn't lol
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1076 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4