a
t
i
r
slothman slothman
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
They grow in Australia and other australia-like climate countries.
Read 249 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
All of Australia, most of them in the arid - temperate regions. There are only a few in the rainforest and they only grow around water sources in the central desert. I believe that you will find Eucalypt species in the islands to the north of Australia. Indonesia, Papua New Guinea ect. The vast majority of the 700 or so species are endemic to Aust though.
wrote...
10 years ago
Lena is right, although the furthest north that eucalypts grow is the south of the Philippines (island of Mindanao) where Eucalyptus deglupta (species with very impressive bark -- see link) grows. This species does not occur at all on the Australian mainland.
wrote...
10 years ago
They grow really well here in (Southern) California. Although they're not endemic. Our climates can vary because we have coasts, valleys, mountains and deserts. I've seen Eucalyptus trees growing as far down south as the Ensenada, Mexico up toward (and past) Ventura County, California. Climate/weather varies.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1281 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?