a
t
i
r
GittOffMee GittOffMee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
This is my first post.  My bad if it's in the wrong spot.  It took me 30 min to figure out how to post...
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 2653 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
lol 30 minutes? That difficult, eh... Want to give us some pointers on how we can make the site more user friendly?
GittOffMee Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, GittOffMee
OMG yes please!  I just couldn't figure out how to actually start a new thread.  And then I was in the homework section, which should only be for questions.  I tried looking for faqs on this site and couldn't find those either.  Clearly by you're question, I'm the first person that's had a problem... =/ 

Was this in the right area??
Post Merge: 9 years ago

Sorry, I didn't include the pointers:

So, FAQs - like I said, I couldn't find them
Also, it would be nice if you could just post from the profile page - something that in the area where you can see that you don't have any posts?  There's a link that shows how many you have, so a link that is next to that to add posts would be easy
I think the FAQ would be easiest - unless I totally missed it....
Post Merge: 9 years ago

In the "Getting Started" panel over on the left would be a good spot to have a link to take you to the page to post - or to the FAQs.
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
9 years ago
Also, it would be nice if you could just post from the profile page - something that in the area where you can see that you don't have any posts?

That's an interesting idea. So there should be a link to post (or start a new thread) from a member's profile page -- Noted.

I think the FAQ would be easiest - unless I totally missed it....

We don't have one, but are working on it (https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=help;page=terms) lol

In the "Getting Started" panel over on the left would be a good spot to have a link to take you to the page to post - or to the FAQs.

I like this idea, perhaps add it to the Control Panel that already exists on the top-right corner.

The thing is, most people have used forums before, so they know the general layout, which is why many of these things have been omitted. We've also had the Ask a Question pod at the bottom-right of every screen, which makes it easier to quickly ask a question too.

Was this in the right area??

No Face with Stuck-out Tongue This is for science-related discussion. I will move this topic to Notes | Tutorials | Articles because it contains notes.

Do you think a link that says "Share my work" would help? It would take you to a page where you can share your files, etc.

Thanks for your suggestions, GittOffMee.