t
i
r
r
RJBAILEY84 RJBAILEY84
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
The connection between lipids and proteins?
Read 2290 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
There is a connection between Proteins and Lipids in the body. Though different in value and quantity as follows

Enzyme        Target food       End product
_____________________________ ________________
Trypsin           Proteins           Polypeptides
Lipase             Lipids             Fatty acids and glycerol  

When considering as this there is no relationship between lipids and proteins.According to my knowledge a bond between proteins and lipids build up on the process of dieting.
  When you diet the proteins in the body are converted to energy. After proteins lipids are converted to energy as well. This energy is needed to the functioning of the body organs. This energy is the same.

Got the point!!!!!!!!!!!
wrote...
10 years ago
Proteins are amino acid polymers. So amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, though not all biologically significant amino acids are incorporated in proteins. For example L-ornithine is involved in the urea cycle and L-carnitine in lipid catabolism.

Lipids are generally not related with proteins. There are some exceptions. Some integral membrane proteins have a lipid anchor that helps them attach to the the cell membrane.
The only relation I can think of is that some lipids act as effectors for some enzymes (proteins) and that lipids are synthesized, modified and broken down by enzymes (proteins). Slight Smile Slight Smile
wrote...
10 years ago
Lipids are fats, which act as insulation for your body.

Proteins are building-blocks of energy required by the body to make, repair and move almost everything contained within it: hair, muscles, organs, etc....
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1218 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79