× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
asiancajun311 asiancajun311
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hello I currently have an iPhone 5 and I have grown tired of it, I want to switch. There are just so many out there, I saw one of the new blackberries and I was really interested in that but I dont know can you help me?

I am looking for a powerful smartphone at a decent size, I think the Note and HTC is too big for me. I just want something really easy to use apps, social apps, text & call with the smooth ability to use 4G/LTE without having to carry a HUGE Touchscreen. I love having the keyboard but i dont mind have a touchscreen one.

Thanks I really appreciate your time.
Read 527 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Well its not the iphone version 5 being boring iphone is boring for teenagers and people who like to snoop around their phone, but for elder people its soo classy its their better opinion than android and droids are funnnn really its very customable i would pick the new galaxy s4
wrote...
10 years ago
If it's the phone you want go for it. Here's a question for you: what do you want out of a phone? Ask yourself this. If you want apps then iPhone would be for you. I have a Z10 and always been a BlackBerry user. With the BlackBerry Z10 (Q10) you get what's called BlackBerry Balance which allows you to do business and play without having them interfere with eachother. If your phone was to ever be stolen or lost there's an app called BlackBerry Protect which allows you to track your phone and keep it secure (security is the top priority. Even Obama has a BlackBerry).The UI is smooth to the touch (BlackBerry Flow) and allows for easy software navigation. It's OS system is QNX which is known to run social networks, cars, hospitals and space shuttles to name a few. It allows the option of Internet thetering so you could use it as a modem. The features of the hardware are limited. When you look at it you will realize there's no home button. This phone allows for you to only use touch with multiple swiping gestures that takes time to get used to. This is the main feature that makes this standout among other phones such as the iPhone. Typing is much easier where with it you don't even have to use type. All you need to do is start with the first letter and the phone will do the rest on it's own (predictive text), just flick up the word of your choice.The camera has a timeshift feature that allows for you to choose the perfect shot and has a cool story maker app that allows you to make PowerPoint like videos combining videos and photos alike with background music added. Internet (4G LTE) is much faster than other phones. If you're not familiar with BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) well here's your chance. This is the main reason why teens buy or have BlackBerry's. This allows you to exchange your pin number to friends (those with BBM) and communicate with them but also has video chat (similar to FaceTime on iPhone but for BlackBerry) and screen sharing. The only thing this phones lacks is apps which it only has 700,000+ apps with more being added but allows for you to sideload android apps. There are so many things this phone has that many others don't and is considered the best phone in the market. Don't get tricked into buying something that you might not like and end up being stuck with your choice. Do the research on the specs of each phone.

Explaining the Difference:

The difference between iPhone and BlackBerry

To operate an iPhone you have a home button to push. You push it to turn it on and to get in and out of apps as with the BlackBerry Z10 you have no home button which means you have to use your fingers. To operate it you swipe up, left and right and to get out of an app you simply swipe up from the bottom.

Fun Fact:

Out of 600,000 phones the DoD uses, 470,000 are BlackBerry's, 41000 are iPhone's and 87,00 are Androids so BlackBerry wins in best security. (watch this ad:

*  BBM might have been the reason to buy the older BlackBerry's but that's not the case with the new BlackBerry10 devices. This platform bought new features to the table and a whole different mobile ecosystem with no lags, malware, and better security all with QNX. They already gave people on the other? platforms the opportunity to witness the BlackBerry10 OS from their phones (http://global.blackberry.com/static/blackberry-10/glimpse/index . html)and that was one reason why people switched and now they are bringing BBM to other platforms to lure in more people. BlackBerry has the most powerful mobile computing operating system (QNX) so seeing how BBM will be on the iPhone and Android platforms I say it's a way for? them to experience the new BlackBerry Messenger app new features (video chat and screen sharing) to regain their market share that they lost to the iPhone and Android phones. On their part its positive but even if they don't gain consumers they're still making money off the other platforms by allowing BBM service on other phones. ()
wrote...
10 years ago
I currently have the iPhone 4S and I understand the boredom. I bought my mom the Galaxy S 4, and it is amazing. It's very customizable and the camera is really nice. Also the color absolutely beats iPhone. If you haven't seen the Galaxy S 4, it's bigger than an iPhone [of corse], the galaxy S has a screen about the size of the iPhone 4S. I love the size of the Galaxy, I find that the new iPhone is too light and thin. Also in an IPhone, if you take alot of pictures (which I do) or download music it will become slow, and you are forced to delete things. With androids, you are able to get external memory cards, which gives you phone more memory and speeds things up.

You mentioned the Note. My brother has the Note 2, and even with its enormous size, it blows my mind. If you are in to anything dealing with business, drawing or any sort of thing like that, this is your phone. It's very useful for work and play. And may I say you can draw some pretty nice things with it! So other than its size, it's a really nice phone.

When I was buying the Galaxy S4, the employee who was helping me had just got the HTC one. This phone is for music. If you like listening to music, this is a good phone. Alough she said that's the only reason she bought it, was for the speakers. And She did regret not getting the Galaxy S4.

So all in all, I personally believe the Galaxy S4 is the most powerful smart phone out today. It has amazing picture, customeazible features, great camera and a reasonable size. It is full touch screen with Swipe.  But it is a very easy phone to use.  Personaly The best thing to do, is to go down to AT&T, Verizon or where ever you go, and just play with the phones. But I highly recommend the Galaxy 4S
P.S the phone comes in a pretty cool box and the headphones are awesome! Lol
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, doseofmegan
I have an android, and I thoroughly enjoy it  Slight Smile
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1113 People Browsing
Related Images