× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Fiore1300 Fiore1300
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I need examples of dry coniferous forests that can be found in different parts of the world. By dry coniferous forests, I generally mean high-altitude coniferous forests that require little rainfall, and are often characterized acidic soil and a dependence upon small, natural wildfires. Here is a link to what I'm talking about. library.thinkquest.org/17456/coniferall.html

For whatever reason, my internet queries are turning up largely blank. I can't get much in depth information about the subject at all. I'm interested in examples of this biome from around the world, and the plant and animal life that inhabits them. I feel like I am using the wrong search terms, and that these forests are known more commonly as something else. Note that I'm not talking about snowfall-heavy boreal/taiga forests nor coniferous rain forests, which is all I seem to run across when while researching this topic.

I've also come across this, which is helpful. ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Conserving/documents/Piedmont/P_Dry_coniferous_woodlands.pdf

But I need more information, and examples of alternative dry coniferous environments from around the globe. Any help would be most appreciated.
Read 1492 times
1 Reply