f
a
d
c
raphael raphael
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hey scientific minds! I want to ask a question in hope that someone help me with this problem. Well im doing some work in college about mitochondria and how a specific compound acts inside mitochondria to see if affects mitochondria components like electron chain transport etc... Im stuck in my own ideas and i need some new feedback to see if i can reach a new ideas..
So im asking.. If you guys were to have a specific compound and wanted to study it on mitochondria how would you guys do it? What strategy would you guys take? What about specific proteins?

Thanks
Read 854 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
bbb
wrote...
10 years ago
So im asking.. If you guys were to have a specific compound and wanted to study it on mitochondria how would you guys do it? What strategy would you guys take? What about specific proteins?

You'd need to isolate the mitochondria from cells. Any cells will work, even ones taken from a vegetable. You'll need the protocol on how to isolate mitochondria from tissue (attached).

You'll need to find something that changes the mitochondria homogenate a specific color as it produces ATP. I remember doing a lab were the chemical added would change the solution from green to yellow as it was heated, but as soon as we added the inhibitor, it stopped doing this. We had to work really quickly and bathe the test tubes in a warm water bath, and make observations on the color after x amount of minutes. I really wish I had my year two notes on me, this would all make way more sense. Anyway, ask a lab technician or a cell biologist at your school and they'll likely know what I'm talking about.
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
raphael Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thanks for your attention bbb Wink Face
 Explain me more your theory...How can your theory of color changing will benefit in studying how a specific compound acts within the mitochondria... How can i know if the compound is enabling or stoping electron transport hain for example

i will thank your answer Wink Face
bbb
wrote...
10 years ago
How can i know if the compound is enabling or stoping electron transport hain for example

That depends on the chemical you use. What did you end up doing for your experiment? Mind sharing Slight Smile

PS sorry for getting back so late.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  998 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 378