wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
a) rRNA
b)tRNA
c)mRNA
d)RNA polymerase

i think it's mRNA
i looked through the book and it says something about blueprints but doesn't exactly state what type of RNA functions as a blueprint
so.. what is it?
Read 379 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
its mRNA, thats the first copy of genetic information from DNA that is used for other functions in the cell...
wrote...
10 years ago
Messenger RNA (mRNA) The Genetic Blueprint

Messenger RNA is a copy of the genetic information that was transcribed from the cell?s DNA. It is like a ?blueprint? of the genetic information and is brought to the ribosome and translated into protein with the help of tRNA.
wrote...
10 years ago
The question doesn't make much sense.  A "blueprint" of the "genetic code" would be a list of all three-nucleotide codons, and what amino acids (or stops) they code for.

The mature mRNA (i.e. an mRNA that has been processed from the primary transcript such that introns have been excised, the exons spliced together, and other modifications made to allow efficient trafficking and translation), is a blueprint for the primary structure (i.e. the amino acid sequence) of a protein.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1005 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 7
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?