a
t
i
r
cloz88 cloz88
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
hey peeps!!! back to the study again ! really struggling to find clear answers for these questions!!! for physioex 9.0 !!!! not 8.0 !!!

here we go Slight Smile

activity 2:
1) are the solutes moving with or against their concentration gradient in facilitated diffusion?
2) what happened to the rate of facilitated diffusion when  the number of carrier proteins was increased?
3) explain why equilibrium was not reached with 10mM glucse and 100 membrane carriers?
4) in the simulation you added Na+CI to test its effect on glucose diffusion. explain why there was no effect?

activity 3:
1)which membrane resulted in the greatest pressure with Na+CI as the solute? why?
2) explain what happens to the osmotic pressure with increasing solute concentration/
3) if the solutes are allowed to diffuse, is osmotic pressure generated?
4) if the solute concentrations are equal, is osmotic pressure generated? why, why not?

activity 4:
1) explain your results with the 20 mwco filter. why weren't any of the solutes present in the filtrate?
2) describe two variables that affected the rate of filtration in your experiments?
3) explain how you can increase the filtration rate through living membrane?
4) judging from the filtration results, indicate which solute has the largest molecular weight?

activity 5:
1) in the initial trial the number of Na+K+ pumps is set to 500, the Na+CI concentration is set to 9.00mM the K+CI concentration is set to 6.00mM and the ATP concentration is set to 1.00mM. explain what happened and why? what would happen if no ATP had been dispensed?
2) why was there no transport when you dispensed only Na+CI even though ATP was present?
3) what happens to the rate of the transport of Na+ and K+ when you increase the number of Na+K+ pumps?
4 explain why the Na+ and K+ transports were unaffected by the addition of glucose?

I would love you a million if someone could help me out Smiling Face with Open Mouth!!! fanks xxx Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
Read 5467 times
10 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
You'll need to show your work to get help, sorry.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
cloz88 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
I honestly have no idea what im doing !  Crying Face
wrote...
10 years ago
I honestly have no idea what im doing !  Crying Face

Then you should pay attention in class Undecided
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
cloz88 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Well I actually don't attend classes for this particular subject:
-I am an external student
-this topic isn't exam related

And I am pretty sure this is a biology forum for all students ... the title states 'free homework help forum'.

And I requested for help ... but thankyou ... it has been far from helpful !
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
cloz88, the website also says one or two questions per thread...

If you need help with this particular exercise, please refer to previous threads like this one: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=15679.0
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
cloz88 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
the post has the same amount of answers as i asked ! lol !

ah well ! i give up

but thanks for your help Slight Smile
wrote...
10 years ago
the post has the same amount of answers as i asked ! lol !

ah well ! i give up

but thanks for your help Slight Smile

The link wasn't any good? It looks like it has all the answers you're looking for Face with Open Mouth
cloz88 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
nope sorry ... I couldn't see it   Confounded Face
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
cloz88, do you mean that you couldn't view the attachment to that link I posted?
lamaldita174
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
Might find this topic useful: Explain your results with the MWCO  20 filter. Why weren't any of the solutes present in the filtrat
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1258 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352