10 years ago
any lpn students with good study tips or links share here
Read 927 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Read the text, take notes from it, and re-write your notes at least once when it comes time to study for an exam. Then make a study guide with bullets of what you need to know, and go through them with a partner. Put a star next to the facts you have trouble with, and re-write those until you narrow it down enough until you are comfortable with most of what you have studied. I used to use a marker board and write down what I thought the answer was, look at the answer to see if I was correct, rewrite it from the notes if it was wrong, erase it then try it from memory again. I also used to make up words or phrases if it was a list of things I needed to remember, and I would make it really odd or funny words that would stand out. Don't overlook the simple, basic things those are usually what gets asked.
wrote...
10 years ago
Here's what I do. I read, and try to understand. I do not try to memorize. Then, once I get my PowerPoint, I take the points that are covered in them, find them in the book (where there is usually more information on those points, that couldn't fit into the PowerPoint) and I make an outline, with the points and under it the information from the book about those points.

I'm a junior in a BSN program now and that's how I got through my first year of nursing school - fundmamentals, patho, etc.

Hope that makes sense. Slight Smile
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
Great answers, vanbu and zoeksyrianos Slight Smile
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1263 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?