a
t
i
r
micro micro
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
10 years ago
So I'm about to finish my undergraduate degree and am currently looking into post graduate courses. However, there's something which is really confusing me...getting a scholarship. Do you apply for the course first and then apply for a scholarship or the other way round? Because it seems that you can get accepted in a uni and the scholarship can be approved after you start! Also, if you submit more than one university application, are you expected to submit more than one scholarship application too, for each course application? (i know this might vary according to the scholarship terms but what happens in general?). Its normal to apply to multiple universities right and/or multiple courses at the same uni?
Read 561 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Do you apply for the course first and then apply for a scholarship or the other way round?

it doesn't matter, but you want to commit to a program first before applying for a scholarship because why would they give you a scholarship if you are not enrolled in a program. Sometimes scholarships are handed out to recipients that qualify as a result of your marks, etc.

Also, if you submit more than one university application, are you expected to submit more than one scholarship application too, for each course application? (i know this might vary according to the scholarship terms but what happens in general?). Its normal to apply to multiple universities right and/or multiple courses at the same uni?

if you're applying for different programs at the same university, you may want to check with the registrars office if it's a universal scholarship that the school offers or if it's program based. I know when i did my masters, they stopped offering scholarships even though my GPA was 4.03 out of 4.33 Undecided it's a littler different in every school.

Its normal to apply to multiple universities right and/or multiple courses at the same uni?

I personally would do it at the same university that I got my undergrad in (for the sake of convenience), but by all means try everywhere. you never know, your university may not even accept you because some other guy in a different state has more credentials than you do.
Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

Eric Clapton
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1270 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352