s
a
t
i
r
BUGG123 BUGG123
wrote...
10 years ago
I think they are very hard but perhaps not as hard as walnut shells. How can they be chopped up into smaller "crumbs"? Do they have to be dried ? How dry ? Can this be speed up ?(Can anything be done with the seed inside in terms of cooking ?)  I know that walnut shells are used in ladipary polishing and also in the oil drilling industry.
Read 306 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
I have a lovely necklace made from very thinly sliced walnut shells (after the walnut inside is removed).
wrote...
10 years ago
Peach seeds (the "nut") contains strichnine a poison. I use cherry pits and plum seeds to sharpen my garbage disposal blades.
wrote...
10 years ago
Here are some suggestions with what you can do with mashed, battered, karate chopped and grinded peach, plum and cherry pits (yes u will have to wash them first):

-decorative sprinkles on your mate's birthday cake (say its a special sort of nut...)
-dye all the bits black and sprinkle them at the shop/company you hate most eg. telstra and say they were your grandmother's ashes and she said she would like her ashes sprinkled there.
-dye the bits gold and give them to your daughter if you have one. say its magic fairy dust.
wrote...
10 years ago
The kernel from these fruits have a unique cherry flavor and nutty taste.
These pits are much harder and denser than walnuts. Walnuts have more and larger voids than these pits. The peach pits are the hardest and densest of the three.
If you dry them and crush them in roll mills - two hard surface rolling mills with clearances below the width of the pits should break open the case and you could extract the kernel by hulling vibrations to separate the kernel from the denser shell.

As any nut produces oil, these kernels produce oil and they should be tested for toxins and other materials present, which  sometimes cause the kernel to be bitter.

I cannot say much about the shells they could be tested by water and alcohol extraction analysis. First Extract the seed shells with alcohol and analyze the extract for ingredients and repeat another fresh batch with a hot water extraction and test the extract for ingredients. This should give you and idea as what you could do with the shells.

They certainly make a good compost and natural fertilizer, by increasing the soils organic content.
wrote...
10 years ago
1. If you grind up a lot of peach kernels you can make a wonderful deadly poison that will kill you stone dead.

2. you could make them into cute jewellery to give to the people you don't like.

3. If you save enough of them you could use them to make a gravel path in your garden.

4. If you pierce them and thread strings through them and hang them from the brim of your hat it will keep the flies off your face.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1258 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372