s
a
t
i
r
ghosthunter ghosthunter
wrote...
13 years ago
What variation exists in the peppered moth population? Is one of these variations considered an adaptation? Explain.

Over 200 years ago, all of the peppered moths in a certain population were light-coloured. How could the first dark-coloured moth have occurred in the population?
(Hint: How are new variations created in populations?)

Explain how a variation that at one time gave a selective advantage became a disadvantage when the environment changed. How did this affect the variation in the population of peppered moths?

Some mutations provide an organism a selective advantage in the environment and some provide a selective disadvantage. Give examples from the lesson of these different mutations.
Read 8241 times
5 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
13 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
NoGunsAllowed,  shazeenarshad,  alexandrae123,  ljknott,  HannahC,  Walter_WhitE,  xoxhannahc,  khim012,  biostudent1605,  poutygoth,  littlemspaint,  padre,  strugglestudent,  sciencewizzzzz,  sereen1271,  g-12