p
n
C
z
comicstvcompute comicstvcompute
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I don't need the details I just need a list of infections that have been proven to kill within a year
Read 3391 times
14 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
All infections can be fatal to some degree, it depends on one's immune system. In fact, I don't think any pathogen works on a time clock.

The best way to answer this question is to look through a list of pathogens.

http://ppdictionary.com/diseases.htm

There should be a table and a link to what causes it. Generally, the infections you want to stay away from are:

• Creutzfeldt-Jakob
  • Tetanus
  • Hepatitus B
  • Measles
  • AIDS
  • Malaria
  • Tuberculosis
  • Diarrhea
  • Respiratory infections
wrote...
10 years ago
This is helpful but I need the life span of someone infected by thee diseases it' vital I at least get the on average life span
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
This is helpful but I need the life span of someone infected by thee diseases it' vital I at least get the on average life span

Let's pretend someone just contracted hepatitis B. It's impossible to tell how long they will live because it depends on the person's immune system. The most you can say is something like chronic hepatitis B shortens the lifespan in 45% of infected men and 15% of infected women usually due to the development of cirrhosis or hepatocellular carcinoma.

Are there any diseases you have in mind?
wrote...
10 years ago
ok let's say someone with a normal immune system gets tb or Acute bacterial endocarditis what would their life span be if they went untreated
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Life span of a person with untreated, active tuberculosis is quite variable. It would depend on age of the patient, overall health status, underlying diseases, nutritional status, etc. Every person is different. Some strains of tuberculosis, such as drug-resistant, can be much more aggressive. Extra-pulmonary infection is a major negative factor. The initial level of infection definitely helps determine lifespan. A rapid onset of severe symptoms would suggest greatly limited lifespan. Minimal to mild initial infection would suggest a longer time. But, the infection can accelerate and intensify at any time.
wrote...
10 years ago
fine someone in their 20's
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
fine someone in their 20's

If someone is 20, and they are immuno-compromised, they should be dead within a month.
wrote...
10 years ago
and if they're immune system is fine?
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
I guess that, what comicstvcompute is looking is for the average usual lifespan (for example 4-8 months or something like that.)
Stating the exact lifespan is impossible, because, as bio_man and sci_expert said, lifespan is variable.

Another thing to note, is that lifespan may be different to patients who are subjected different treatments.
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, comicstvcompute
LOOK YHOU GOTTA GIVE ME SOMETHING!!!!
Post Merge: 10 years ago

I NEED AN ANSWER NOW!!!!!
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
LOOK YHOU GOTTA GIVE ME SOMETHING!!!!
Post Merge: 31 minutes  ago

I NEED AN ANSWER NOW!!!!!

ERR ok, let's see:
People infected with aids usually have a life expectancy which is more that 10 years. Some peoples with aids even have normal lifespan, and die because of age.

Hepatitis B is a chronic disease. If treated properly, and if the person lives a healthy life, then he will have a very good life expectancy. Otherwise, he might have liver failure or cirrhosis... And that can happen anytime...

If a person with malaria is left untreated then he is expected to live some weeks... However, if he is treated properly, he will most likely be cured.

An untreated patient with tuberculosis may die within a month or within some years..... As sci_expert said, life expectancy is depended from many factors, BUT that doesn't mean that if you know all the factors (like age, health codition etc) you will be able to determine the specific life expectancy... I know, it's not very specific, but that's how it is...

You might help us answer properly by telling us what is why you need this information...
wrote...
10 years ago
that's not your concern
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
 Neutral Face, ok... At least, was that helpful? Basically, it clarifies that, life expectancy may greatly vary at chronic diseases. Therefore, it's very hard to find fatal diseases with life expectancy of 1 year.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  975 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 6
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?