G
f
a
d
c
adhungan adhungan
wrote...
10 years ago
(a) Determine the interval(s) on which the function is increasing. (Select all that apply.)
[−4, −3]
[−3, −1]
[−1, 2]
[2, 4]
[4, 5]

(b) Determine the interval(s) on which the function is decreasing. (Select all that apply.)
[−4, −3]
[−3, −1]
[−1, 2]
[2, 4]
[4, 5]
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 717 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
The correct answer will be the one which has the range of x values where the y values are increasing or decreasing, respectively.  When y values increase, the line will point "upstairs" from left to right, and when they decrease, the line will point "downstairs" from left to right.

Let me know what answers that hint gives you, and I can give you a thumbs up or thumbs down and possibly further explanation.
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
@adhungan

Could you please use better subject lines.

For example, help guys.. isn't descriptive nor does it give the reader an idea what you need.
adhungan Author
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, adhungan
The correct answer will be the one which has the range of x values where the y values are increasing or decreasing, respectively.  When y values increase, the line will point "upstairs" from left to right, and when they decrease, the line will point "downstairs" from left to right.

Let me know what answers that hint gives you, and I can give you a thumbs up or thumbs down and possibly further explanation.
Thanks Slight Smile I went through the question again and I was like I am so stupid, this is way too easy  Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes  I got it all figured out. Anyways thanks for your explanations, that was really helpful Slight Smile

Post Merge: 10 years ago

@adhungan

Could you please use better subject lines.

For example, help guys.. isn't descriptive nor does it give the reader an idea what you need.
Sorry for that, i am totally new and I dnt knw how everything works. Will consider that in my upcoming posts Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
What were the answers if you don't mind sharing?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1014 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 379