p
n
C
z
jessicawcu jessicawcu
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago
Has anyone taken the genetics final?  I am working on my last few modules and was hoping for some study tips.  John Placky is my current professor, but I would be interested in any information.

Thanks!
Read 4986 times
17 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Hello there,

Since you have no replies, I'll chime in my two cents. Genetics finals are usually quite challenging. I took it in second year university, but I had some 'illegal' resources that I borrowed from a friend that made studying easier Wink Face Anyway, if you've had some good luck with the labs and midterm, you should be OK writing the final.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
I'll be taking it soon; I'm kinda worried too.  Feel like we're going into it pretty blind.
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
wrote...
10 years ago
At Berkeley?
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
Yes, at Berkeley
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
jessicawcu Author
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, jessicawcu
I have actually liked the class so far.  The homework is pretty time consuming if you complete it correctly, but I have received an A on every single module.  I would recommended purchasing the "Genetics for Dummies" book, it has been very helpful!  I would really really recommend taking the class with Placky!  He is very quick to respond and grade all work and will provide links to any questions that you ask.

However, I am still concerned with the exam, just because its the only test in the class!

Post Merge: 10 years ago

Sorry Doc2be, I read your post incorrectly.  I thought you meant that you were taking the class soon, not the final.  Sorry to give advice that you already know.  Just curious have you turned in your research paper?  I'm still working on mine.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
I've turned in all the modules and the term paper.  I made a 100% on all assignments, but I am very careful when turning an assignment in to make sure I have the correct answers and the information is presented as completely as possible.
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
jessicawcu Author
wrote...
10 years ago
I wanted to check in with you to see if you had taken the final yet. If so how sis it go for you?  I am still writting my research paper and have to complete Module 10.  I'm a little nervous about the final test.
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
I took it.  It was super difficult.  Lots of concepts that weren't emphasized for lots of points.  But, like they say - it's 92.5% essays, so the grading is subjective.  No way to know how I did.  I'm hoping for good news.  I'll come back and let you know when I know my grade.
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
Ended up making a 366/412 on the final for a B+ on the exam, but an A in the class.
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Ended up making a 366/412 on the final for a B+ on the exam, but an A in the class.

Good man, you're on your way!
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
10 years ago
Thanks.  Hope that didn't come off as brag-tastic, just reporting the facts for the benefits of others. Slight Smile
Pretty fly for a SciGuy
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Thanks.  Hope that didn't come off as brag-tastic, just reporting the facts for the benefits of others. Slight Smile

Not at all guy, this is good news for you and the forum. I'm glad to be part of an intellectual community.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
jessicawcu Author
wrote...
10 years ago
No, not bragging. That is a great job! Congratulations.  Do you have any advice on the best way to study for the final?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  985 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352