t
m
p
m
reyrey389 reyrey389
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
1)Ok, I am really confused about this. Is a "stop codon" used in both transcription and translation.

I have two textbooks one says: "Three of these 64 codons are stop codons that specify the             termination of a polypeptide; all the rest code for amino acids" From this textbook I knew this had to do with translation

the other textbook said "Transcription of the DNA strand ends at another special nucleotide sequence called a terminator, which specifies the end of the gene." I think Terminator is another way of saying stop codon here. So yeah this textbook says its involved in transcription.

What do you think? is it involved with transcription, translation, or both?

2) Also one more question, if I'm given the the mRNA strand sequence,  UACGCCUAA, and asked to determine the amino acid, would I look at the codon all the way on the left, in the middle, or on the right?
Read 882 times
1 Reply