t
i
r
r
stth0901 stth0901
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Under certain conditions, the R-groups of aspartic acid and lysine can form an ionic bond with one another.  The pK1 for the ionizing groups on these side chains is 3.86 and10.53 respectively.

A.  Draw the dominant structure of each of these amino acid side chains at pH3.  Indicate whether an ionic bond an form between these amino acid side chains at pH3.

B.  Draw the dominant structure of each of these side chains at pH8.  Indicate whether an ionic bond can form.

I am wondering how exactly to do this..  The process isn't thoroughly explained in my textbook, and my professor is no help.  I don't necessarily need the answer, just an explanation of how to go about this.
Source  Becker's World of the Cell
Read 951 times
1 Reply