t
i
r
livestrong136 livestrong136
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
10 years ago
Question from physio x 9

Exercise 5.5: What is missing from this representation of the left side of the heart? Where would the missing component be if it had been included?

Exercise 5.6: What is cardiac output and how is it maintained during exercise (Hint: the preload increases EDV) assuming that the ESV remains the same?
Read 874 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
With an increase in end diastolic volume, preload increases stretching the cardiac muscle more. In order to maintain cardiac output, the heart would increase contractility and stroke volume.

Not sure I understand the first question.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
livestrong136 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Hey thnx man, I understand the first one. But the second question, is a physio x 9 question, idk if you have done physio x 9 exercise 5 experiment online.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Hey thnx man, I understand the first one. But the second question, is a physio x 9 question, idk if you have done physio x 9 exercise 5 experiment online.

What's the experiment called. Mind helping me with #1?
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
livestrong136 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Its called cardiovascular Dynamics, also for the first question, I am pretty sure, the left atrium was missing, but then what do they mean "Where would the missing component be if it had been included"
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1282 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion