t
i
r
r
starfall27 starfall27
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Please I would greatly appreciate whomever is willing to help me with this! I have broken my head, I'm not clueless but having so much difficulty with these 2 problems!!!

A) Consider the Rotor ride:
Draw a frebody diagram for a person in the Rotor. Then employ Newton's law and find an expression for the minimum speed at which the outer wall of the Rotor must move. Use rpm as units.

For a Rotor with 5 m diameter and a coefficient of static friction of 0.7, find the rounds per minute at which the Rotor must operate to achive the minimum speed.

B) Consider a circular roller coaster loop of radius 12.2 m. You already know that if the car starts from a height of 2.5 r at rest, the normal force acting on the car at the top will vanish.

Now assume the car starts from a level track, a height of 12.2 m above the ground. The track first guides the car to ground level and then into the loop. At which initial speed must the car move on the elevated track (height 12.2 m) such that it still has the required speed at the top of the loop for the normal force to vanish?

THANK YOU sooooo much! God bless!!!
Read 2009 times
10 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile