r
d
l
a
eichele30 eichele30
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I am so stuck! I am able to explain the criminological theories so I don't need help with that, however, I'm unsure what to do with the assignment.

Could anybody possibly give me just 1 complete example to go off of? I have to create 5 hypotheses from 5 separate theories and follow the instructions for each.

Base these hypotheses on criminology/criminal justice theory. Indicate, for each hypothesis, what the independent variable is and what the dependent variable is.

The  paragraph should indicate what the theory is, and, briefly, how it explains crime; what your hypothesis is, and how it flows from the theory; and which variable is independent and which variable is dependent.
Source  Research Methods for Criminal Justice & Criminology  5th edition Authors: Maxfield & Babbie
Read 1226 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
The dependent variable is the variable that depends on the independent variable.

For example, let's say we have a boy studying for his exam.

The boys mark depends on the the amount of hours he studied. His "MARK DEPENDS", so his mark is the dependent variable, and the amount of hours has to be the independent variable.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
eichele30 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thanks for trying to help. I needed help with the assignment, not with the definitions though. I've turned in the assignment already.
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Thanks for trying to help. I needed help with the assignment, not with the definitions though. I've turned in the assignment already.

Hi there,

Do you mind posting the end result once you get it back?
wrote...
10 years ago
does anyone have answers to law of evidence? i have a quiz and the book is too long to read....
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
does anyone have answers to law of evidence? i have a quiz and the book is too long to read....

Hi there, is there a specific question you're having trouble with?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1049 People Browsing
 127 Signed Up Today
Related Images