w
j
a
a
katalys katalys
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse working in an outpatient surgical center admits a client who is to have a basal cell carcinoma removed from the left temple. While collecting data for the nursing history, the nurse assesses that the client understands of the diagnosis.

The client says, I had a friend die from skin cancer, and I know this is probably fatal, but I'd like to treat it as aggressively as possible to improve my chances of survival. The nurse's best response is: 1. You are scared, and that is a normal response to this diagnosis, but many people respond to chemotherapy.
  2. Tell me more about your friend's condition.
  3. Basal cell carcinomas are generally slow-growing, and do not often spread. Your friend might have had malignant melanoma or squamous cell carcinoma.
  4. You won't know what your likelihood of survival is until after the doctor removes the cancerous cells and examines them under a microscope.
Read 43 times
1 Reply