a
t
i
r
r
angie19 angie19
wrote...
8 years ago
Southeastern alberta contains grassland that has rainfall of about 3 cm/year to 60 cm/year. This amount of precipitation is insufficient to support a forest but is greater than that of the deserts in southwestern united states. Man has devoloped grassland areas by raising grazing animals and cultivating the land for cereal crops.
   This is the home of the richardsons ground squirrel, spermophilus  richardsonii, more commonly refered to as gophers. These pot bellied little burrowers stand on their mounds keeping watch over their praire communities. When they spot a coyote or an owl, their bark warns others to escape into their network of burrows.
   They are very common in fields and pastures. Their diet Consists mainly of green vegetation, seeds, and insects. This rodent is easily observed in open areas, running in and out out of their tunnels and scurrying across the provinces highways. Their large and highly successful populations make them an enemy of ranchers and farmers.

a)Define and provide two examples from the above biome for the term density-dependant population regulator.

b)Define biotic potential in regard to the ground squirrel populations found in Alberta grassland communities

c) Using examples from the grassland biome, explain the difference between interspecific and intraspecific competition

d)what are two technologies that can be used to help eradicate gophers from hayland and fields of cereal crops?Neutral Face I have no clue what so ever I know nothing about "gophers" except that they are rodents

e)evaluate the use of these technologies ethically, ecologically, and scientificlly

please help this is due tomorrow!!
Read 1476 times