s
a
t
i
r
angie19 angie19
wrote...
8 years ago
In a given population of 243 individuals, the gene frequencies of the N alleles were found to be 0.28 calculate the number of individuals with m blood types
* I know this questions been asked but which answer was right is beyond me ... Help

#2) after a forest fire on the lower slopes of the Rockies, there are significant changes in the number of type of plant species found in the disturbed area. describe how succession occurred in this plant community over the 150 years following a major fire
Post Merge: 8 years ago

Sorry that was 242 individuals^****
Read 1220 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
8 years ago
#2) after a forest fire on the lower slopes of the Rockies, there are significant changes in the number of type of plant species found in the disturbed area. describe how succession occurred in this plant community over the 150 years following a major fire

After a wildfire, primary succession begins with the growth of herbaceous, fast growing species like grasses. These are pioneer species. After a few years woody plants, like shrubs, move in. As time proceeds, trees begin to populate the site. After hundreds of years, the site becomes a climax forest or mature trees.
wrote...
8 years ago

Succession begins when a generalist species colonizes a recently burned area. This works because resources are limited due to the fire and a generalist can exploit several available resources without reliance on one in particular. Usually, colonizing species will consist of small herbaceous shrubs and grasses. The initial step will then propagate further successional steps. As resources begin to grow more plentiful (increase in biomass), larger and more resource specific species are able to "move in". With time, soil nutrients become more and more available as they are recycled.

Eventually (in some cases hundreds of years), the burnt area will reach the final stage of succession.
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
In a given population of 243 individuals, the gene frequencies of the N alleles were found to be 0.28 calculate the number of individuals with m blood types
* I know this questions been asked but which answer was right is beyond me ... Help

In which thread has it been answered? Here's my attempt.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
angie19 Author
wrote...
8 years ago
Wouldn't it be considered secondary succession because of it being a fire?!...
And Bio man where did you get the 25% from?!
And as for q2 isn't only when you're finding out there heterozygous formula?
wrote...
Educator
8 years ago
And Bio man where did you get the 25% from?!
And as for q2 isn't only when you're finding out there heterozygous formula?

Darn, that was supposed to be 0.28. I might have written it incorrectly, but done the calculations correctly.

2 * p * q is for heterozygous.

Yes, wildfire is secondary succession.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1333 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?