c
r
e
hellohi hellohi
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
12 years ago
Hey guys:

If a pregnancy occurs then Progesterone hormone is maintained throughout the pregnancy. This is done first of all through the production of HCG hormone by the fetus, respoonsible for morning sickness, and then by the __________.

If there is no pregnancy then on a hormonoal level what occurs to bein the cycle a new?

The ones I underlined are the only parts I know:(
Read 1383 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
hellohi Author
wrote...
12 years ago
If there is no pregnancy then on a hormonoal level what occurs to begin the cycle a new?

Sorry-.-
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Yes! The supply of progesterone is maintained by cells of the trophoblast secreting human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) that supports the corpus luteum.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
hellohi Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Quick question duddy, : responsible for morning sickness, and then by the __________. What would this blank be? I thought it might be a hormonoe.
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
I thought human chronic gonadotropin was responsible for morning sickness as well. However, progesterone might also be the cause of morning sickness. The increase of the progesterone in the body relaxes the muscles in the uterus which prevents early childbirth.  But, as a result, progesterone might also relax the stomach and intestines, leading to excess acids in the stomach and therefore nausea and vomiting.  Another hormone that might be the cause of the nausea and vomiting that comes with the first stages of pregnancy is estrogen.  Estrogen is always present in a woman of child bearing years but it rises rapidly in early pregnancy.

Hope this helps you answer your question.
- Bachelor of Science
hellohi Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks man:P
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Thanks man:P

Pleasure Slight Smile
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1254 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 262

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?